At this time we are completely booked for our Volunteer Opportunities. Be sure to follow us on our various social media sites to receive updates for next years opportunities
Rules for Deco Week
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Ask how to complete a task if you are not sure. We want it done right the first time.
- Don't refuse to do a job. Each job is equally important to the completion of the float.
- Clean up after yourself. Return your materials to the Deco trailer, wash off your glue filled paint brush, and clean up fallen material in your area.
- Be aware of who is decorating around you. This prevents materials from being dropped on someone's head.
- To decorate on the float or on the scaffolding, you must be 16 years of age.
- No horse play... for obvious reasons.
- No pets or animals are allowed in the decorating areas.
- Be respectful of other volunteers and the leadership team directing the decoration process.
- Have Fun!
What to bring to Deco Week
- Food and water. There are also vendors near the tents selling food and drinks.
- Layers of warm clothing: pants, long-sleeve shirts, sweatshirts, scarf, beanie, gloves, thermals, etc. Despite the fact that Pasadena is located in "Sunny California," it gets really cold during Deco week.
- Make sure to wear your work clothes. Glue and flowers are permanently stuck on to clothing after Deco week. It is inevitable. We recommend jeans and cotton t-shirts.
- Closed toed shoes are a must. This is a safety precaution and not to mention we don’t want your feet to get cold!
If you have questions about Decorations Week you can contact us by phone for more information.