Decoration Week Sign-Ups are LIVE!! Click below to confirm your volunteer date!!
Rules for Deco Week
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Ask how to complete a task if you are not sure. We want it done right the first time.
- Don't refuse to do a job. Each job is equally important to the completion of the float.
- Clean up after yourself. Return your materials to the Deco trailer, wash off your glue filled paint brush, and clean up fallen material in your area.
- Be aware of who is decorating around you. This prevents materials from being dropped on someone's head.
- To decorate on the float or on the scaffolding, you must be 16 years of age.
- No horse play... for obvious reasons.
- No pets or animals are allowed in the decorating areas.
- Be respectful of other volunteers and the leadership team directing the decoration process.
- Have Fun!
What to bring to Deco Week
- Food and water. There are also vendors near the tents selling food and drinks.
- Layers of warm clothing: pants, long-sleeve shirts, sweatshirts, scarf, beanie, gloves, thermals, etc. Despite the fact that Pasadena is located in "Sunny California," it gets really cold during Deco week.
- Make sure to wear your work clothes. Glue and flowers are permanently stuck on to clothing after Deco week. It is inevitable. We recommend jeans and cotton t-shirts.
- Closed toed shoes are a must. This is a safety precaution and not to mention we don’t want your feet to get cold!
If you have questions about Decorations Week you can contact us by phone for more information.